Friday, April 10, 2015

Remembering Don Thulean









I will always miss Don Thulean.  He enriched my life for many years with his wisdom and heart.  I loved listening to him talk especially about music.  I admired him and Meryl for embracing a new group with a whole new way of parenting when they were in their late 70s.  I hope I will be able to do that so graciously.

I immediately thought that Don would want all of us to take care of Meryl.  I talked to her briefly today and we agreed that I would call tomorrow.  They were married for 65 years.  Curtis used to bring flowers  to the Seattle group to honor their wedding anniversary.

The picture above was taken at a lovely luncheon hosted by Curtis and Teresa at their new place in Camano Island last August.  Meryl and Don are there as well as Margaret.  Dennis and me. 

Don was a symphony conductor but he also taught a lot of symphony conductors.  Just in the last year he made some youtube videos.  This one is about respect for the musicians.

No comments: