Wednesday, April 22, 2015

In honor of UCSC's 50th

Just found this snapshot.  It's not taken at UCSC, but it's from that time.  I think it's 1973?  1974?  In rural Oroville.  Lynn W, who I'm very excited to see this weekend is standing to the right.  I'm in the middle in my early twenties.  Or similar.  If I remember correctly, and I'm sure I missed some details, Lynn and I and maybe a few other friends had this great idea to go to Oroville to a fiddle contest.  Lynn arranged to borrow her mom's car for the weekend.  All set up, we were going to have a great time, other details vague.

Then, at the last minute, the plans changed (as they often did in that family) and Lynn's mom and her younger brother were coming too.  What?  That's not we had in mind!  But we went along, what could we do?  And I think her mom knew somebody who had a trailer somewhere where we could stay.  I really don't remember but I think Lynn's opening up the trailer door.

But there we are.  I think we had a great time once we overcame our initial shock.  Who can remember.  Yes, my hairs in braids there.  Notice, they are teensy tinesy braids.  I never did have too much hair.

No idea who took the original picture.

No comments: