Friday, February 20, 2015

My pool is back!


I am so happy to report that my pool (Mountlake Terrace Recreation Pavilion) is back!  After even a longer delay, the pool is open.  I went yesterday, wish I could have gone today.  My friend Julia and I had resolved that we would try swimming at other pools during the 5+ week closure.  But we didn't do too well; she went to Lynnwood once and I went to Lynnwod once and Shoreline once.  Both times I found the pools dark and cold.  Both were to deepwater classes during the day.  The classes were fine.  But so cold and not my pool!

So I went back.  The lady at the desk recognized me; I asked her about the temperature.  She wasn't sure it was quite up to their usual temperature.  But first time I stuck  my foot in...oh yeah...nice and warm.  I wasn't at those unfamiliar dark cold pools.  I don't have the luxury of a class.  I spent 45 minutes in the water.

And their new therapy pool?  Heavenly!  In the fall they tore out the existing hot tub/jacuzzi.  Which really hadn't worked for a long time.  There was only one water jet that worked sort of, most of the time anyway.  But I wasn't proud.  The new pool has all of the jets working.  Imagine!  It felt so good.  I felt really good the rest of the afternoon and I think it's the massage action of the therapy pool.

I might mention that this pool is only about 3 miles from me and in a very modest area.

My pool is back!  Yay!

No comments: