Sunday, October 19, 2014

Charles Weil

A picture of my great grandfather Charles L. Weil, with his first grandchild Ruth.  dated 2/11/1920

Ninety four years ago.  Ruth was my aunt, born in 1918.  My mother was not born until 1924.  You know how it is, I just have pictures of Charles with my aunt, not my later mother.  His wife Delia had died in 1910, he would have remarried by now.

Does he look like anybody in the family?  I can't see it.

It's his grave spot that I'm after.  He and his borther Louis bought a plot in front of their parents in 1898.  But he's not there, he's down the way with his second wife Mollie.

I think he was happier in his second marriage....

Now, I'm going after Louis' descendants to see if there's anybody left and if they are interested in that plot.  I'm assuming not.

I have the widow of Louis' grandson.  I've tried calling but no response.  I do have an address.  Maybe I will try writing.  Still no breakthrough on Elizabeth Reich.  Probably married in NYC, sheesh.

I'm suspicious, a stranger.

No comments: