Monday, September 29, 2014

Visiting in Marin Colunty

We're back home after 10 days on the road.  A good time for Dennis and I.

It worked out that we concentrated the visiting at the beginning of the trip; just worked out that way.

We first stopped in Marin County to visit Sue B, a long time family friend.  Of my parents and my friend too.  She had invited my brother as he now lives in the Bay Area.  Micole, her granddaughter, is also staying there as she writes her thesis.

Micole, daughter of Mark, very accomplished and poised.  She discussed whether she should write her papetr in Spanish or Italian.  English didn't seem right.  But she was neutral among these choices.  Also fluent in German, I believe.  I can't even imagine being able to do that.  But I'm always glad when I can visit and talk with Sue.  I feel Dan's loss deeply.

Sue said she didn't put on dinners any more.  But I knew that Micole would carry the load.  And she did.

I underestimated our mileage today.  We were usinga GPS route thingie for the first time on this trip who I referred to as "the lady".  I looked last night and said "Ha ha, the lady thinks it's 545 miles, I'm sure that's not true!"  But then we thought about it and realized that it was indeed true.  The small motel served a little breakfast at 7am.l  We ate and took off.  We got home around 6 pm.

Struggled a bit in the Tacoma and Seattle traffic. I realized except for the dip into Marin County to visit Sue and just the edges of Sacramento, we did not spend time in heavily populated places.  No cities, no traffic. Picture of my brother and my husband standing; Micole and Sue B sitting after dinner.

No comments: