Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Photoessay #2906 - Lunch with an old friend

My friend Trina called me for my birthday.  We worked together, how long ago? 1981-3?  Pretty long time ago!  But we've kept in touch, though maybe not so much in recent years.  Her birthday comes two weeks after mine.

Hey, I'm at the U, you work at the U.  Why not lunch?  So she met me after my class and we had a real low cost at the salad bar at the student cafeteria.  We had so much fun, we decided to do it once/month.

We ended up showing each other our son's wedding pictures.  We talked about being 62.  But look at us, we're looking good.

We worked together around the time we were 30, BK.  It will be 40 years since college graduation.  We both had distinctive experiences, myself at UCSC, she as the first class with women at Dartmouth.  Are we as successful as we are supposed to be?

Who knows???

No comments: