Monday, February 14, 2011

Photoessay #1206 - Valentines Day images



First an approximate view of the assortment of chocolate covered fruity things that Ilana's boyfriend Matt sent to her today. It looks like a welcome bright gift especially if you're going through a Michigan winter.

"Was there ever not snow?" one of Ilana's friends in Ann Arbor asked her the other day.

Looks good. And politically correct in the health food arena.

Dennis gave me a small box of chocolates (that's good) and a little handmade card, nice. I bought him something that he would like but I wouldn't so I wouldn't eat it. But I don't know if he really likes strawberry yogurt pretzels, we'll see.

I usually make little handmade valentines for my kids and even though they are all twenty-somethings, they still want them. I sent ones to Ilana and Naomi who are far away but not until Saturday morning.

Making Susanna's today. Not sure if she's showing up today or tomorrow but I know she'll want hers. I was going to use this family photo (approx 1991). But when I scanned it, I realized that everybody but Ilana is scowling. One of our few camping trips. Actually I hated camping. I think this photo is taken from a trip to Lake Crescent (maybe the one and only time we took Dennis' parents' trailer.

Every once in a while we go through a mini-marriage crisis when Dennis says that he really would like to do more (maybe even elaborate) camping trips. In disbelief, I ask him if he's out of his ever-living mind because I don't want to go camping at all.

Oh well

No comments: