Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Photoessay #1200 - Surprise in the picture box


I've been sorting and going through the huge number of pictures. I'm sorting them into years. My goal is to make separate family albums for each of my kids. We're not talking fancy here but including pictures of their parents, grandparents, even great grandparents. My mother did it for me and it seems like a great use. What else is going to happen to them, they're just going to stay in boxes and albums?

As I've mentioned, I've inherited my parent's and inlaw's photo collections. Besides the boxes and drawers of photos I'm working on...I have 68 photo albums in the other room. Yesterday, I took one of my mother's from 1998. She had pictures of a cruise through the Panama Canal, I just kept a few that had her in the picture. A few pictures of my family. And a zillion of my sister and niece mostly covering birthday and xmas for that year. A half album, easy. I sent those pictures back to my sister.

I purchased some modest magnetic style albums online and some extra pages.

But going through the pictures, I came on this one. Not bad of me (considering, etc). With George, our large white cat. 2003. 8 years ago. Sitting on our front step. The holly behind me is now gone.

I mentioned it to Dennis. He said he had it on his desk at work for a long time. Really? I never remember seeing it. And there's many many unflattering ones.

I think color plays a big part in this shot. The blue of the house continued in the blue of the jeans. The deep purple of the sweater. The contrast of the large bright white cat.

No comments: