Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Photoessay #1180 - A blog book!


From time to time, I print this blog out. It's available online but we all know that's not going to last forever. I spend so much time on it, I want to preserve it. mmmmm, not sure what it's good for, but there's certainly a lot of it. My friend Emily joshes me...she says that I will find it very entertaining when I'm in the assisted living facility. Um, probably close to the truth.

I started this blog May 2007 when I returned from the NCAA Regionals as a commitment to creative expression. Three and a half years later and I'm still doing it.

It doesn't print at all well in Firefox, kinda ok for IE. So a few times a year, I print it out, or try to. I've long given up doing color printing. I've kept it in some view binders with a particularly favorite picture on the front. I've filled three full binders. Dennis pointed out that binding would be better, those binders are hard to use and I'm not going to update it. Good idea, I start to look into it.

And the format's not too good either, you end up with the other design elements on
Blogger's web page. Things don't always wrap well from page to page. Sometimes I would print the entries one after the other as it shows on the screen.

To tell the truth, it looks pretty crummy. Lotta ugly things. See picture above. That whole huge hunk of paper needs to be 3 hole punched and put into the binder.

But why not leave it to the professionals? There are people who do it for their day jobs. One service 'blog2print' looks like just the ticket. And can print it in color with a table of contents, a cover picture. I'm starting with the 2007 entries. I looked at it previously and decided it was too expensive ($82 for color, $35 for bxw). But looking at the pile of paper to be punched. And looking at the inconsistent quality of what I've done.

My blog deserves more!

Hand me the credit card, I tell my husband. I'm going for it.

I'll let you know how it turns out....

No comments: