Sunday, July 4, 2010

Photoessay #1089 - More letterboxing



Melina really enjoyed letterboxing last week. I decided we should go again while her interest was strong. Melina wanted her own notebook "I'll ask my grandpa for one!" she declared.

So I convinced Dennis to go. I printed out another set of boxes kind of in Redmond/Town Center area. Took Teddy and off we went. Turned out Melina did have a notebook all labeled, she also had a pen, stamp and stamp pad in a bag ready to go! Just like mine. We are IN business.

So we ended up finding 7 boxes. The hard parts of the Juel Fairies we just couldn't figure out. But we found Go Seahawks instead completely by accident. We went to find the Tree Top Toys one but the store was closed. But this place next door... Soul Food Books ... it rang a bell with me. I went in and said "Do you have a letterbox?"? and they did. Very cool big one with a huge stamp and lots of colors. Great start for Melina's book. We were having a gay old time until this lady came to say that she gave psychic readings and she needed that table. The one I thought was IN Redmond Town Cenber was actually on a path up the road. The one that I thought was in Marymoor Park was actually in a brushy area OUTSIDE the park. Melina thought that one was the most sketchy. Two in Inglewood Park on the beach of Lake Samamish. I thought think I've ever even seen Lake Samamish.

So we were moving and she wants to go again. Aha, I just found some in Farrell McWhirter Park. We'll go there next for sure.

Shot of Dennis, Teddy and Melina looking for a box near Redmond Town Center. Melina had to actually get INSIDE the tree in the second photo and Inglewood Park

No comments: