Thursday, June 10, 2010

Photoessay #1067 - Flowers


I think those pansies were a good pick....

A view of the beatup picnic table in my backyard. Another forced labor event in my household is the planting of the pots. Dennis and the kids have to help with my pots by the front door, on the upper deck and lower deck. About a month ago. Usually I anchor the large pots with the geraniums puchased at Costco that will bloon until October. Some other small plants on the sides. If I'm brave, I use the slug's favorite petunia.

But look at our results on June 9. The pansies are going so nuts, you can't even see the geraniums. An impulse purchase, especially the deep blue ones. But look how gorgeous they are. I'm so glad I got them. Also a big pack of yellow/orange eensy beensy pansies.

Notice the deep green in the background. You California folks, don't you love it? I was heavily motivated to ditch that semi-arid landscape. Looking for a heat wave this week, high of 76. That's considered hot hot around here in this marine climate.

And Starbaby on the left. As Ilana says, this cat does whatever she wants. You can't direct her, heck you can't even make suggestions to this kitty. She's very haughty, bossy, empress of the known universe. She doesn't care a bit about what anybody else thinks. Natsuko really liked her. I asked Natsuko if she would like me to send her anything from Seattle "Starbaby" she replied.

I'm resolving some of my conflicts with this distribution paperwork. Quite a fuss. I asked an extended family member experienced in these matters. He said "I have one question, do you have any problem with the amounts from these trusts?" I said I didn't. "Then sign them and send them in!!" OK.

No comments: