Monday, May 3, 2010

Photoessay #1030 - Waiting


We'll take a break from Japan though there's still quite a bit to see.

This week, I'm waiting. For things to come. That are supposed to come.

a. the Buick, it's in transit, supposed to be here like soon. All of the contact numbers were disconnected last week which wasn't too reassuring. But I did eventually talk to the driver. But so far no Buick

b. Distribution in dollars. Of several trusts. But the bank, which is also the executor was forced into a sale by the FDIC a week or so ago. Greeeeat.... Staff assures us that this shouldn't make any difference. But now the procedures for the new bank has to be followed. So far....

c. The moving van. Full of stuff from my parent's house. My sibs have finished up at Wesley Willows and everything has been either sent, brought to Goodwill or left to be sold by WW. My shipment (the biggest for sure) is supposed to arrive within the next 10 days. Ilana and Dennis cleaned up the garage a bunch so there's room to put a bunch more stuff. But so far...

But here's a platter from my mom's Limoges Duck dishes. At one point during that week, my cousin (nice manicure) held up things that I photographed. I'm taking the duck dishes which include the platter and 8 hand-painted plates. Just to put this into perspective, I did NOT take the set of Valleyfield Doulton nor my mother's fine china. Nor the Belleek, nor the Wedgewood, etc Get the picture?

I also will be getting that table with the chairs which my mother cross-stitched. The menorah which belonged to my grandmother goes to my brother.

No comments: