Saturday, September 27, 2008

Photoessay #465 - Birthday party for mom - mid 1990s


When Ilana was about 7 years old, she discovered that I had a birthday and she felt very strongly that I needed to have a birthday party. In fact, she would take care of that, she would make me a party. So she wrote up invitations and distributed them around the neighborhood. She did this for several years. We had a cake in the freezer and we're always collecting party plates. This particular year, she scored some party hats.

So when the appointed time came on Saturday afternoon, Ilana welcomed the guests. If some didn't show up, she went and fetched them. They opened the door to a very determined little girl who expected you to come to her mom's party NOW. NO EXCUSES. She didn't take no for an answer, you were supposed to come.

So the neighbors dutifully came to my birthday party put on by Ilana. We look like we're having a good time. Check out that crown!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love how all the accessories are so very much 7 year old party. In my mind, I wasn't just doing a birthday party, i was doing a birthday party RIGHT.