Friday, September 14, 2007

Photoessay #119 - Through the looking glass


Tomorrow, Dennis and I go to California for Dan Beittel's memorial and the short photo-op visit to Sacramento. I offer one of my 1962 pictures (I'm STILL doing 1962 pictures on the other blog) of Lynn B and myself. No matter what we really were doing at that time 45 years ago. Sandy and Lynn in a strange place peering out into some other place yet unknown. We pause and wonder. From the tangled and confusing past, we are poised to step forward into an uncertain future. The future without Lynn's father (and my father) ... on the eve of Dan B's memorial.

We look through the glass as children, myself as the 'big sister'. No longer children, we both must move into a fatherless middle age. We have no choice about stepping forward through the transparent barrier. Thrust into a new maturity, we must take our place. Kadima, moving forward, transition.

Tomorrow, I will join this same Lynn and the rest of her family to participate and strive to serve. There may be a few days break in the blog.

1 comment:

Oreo said...

It sricks me how much Dan's death effects you and thus effects Charl and I.

Did Mark, June and Lynn have any feelings for our Dad? I would imagine not. His relationship and abiity to relate to 'kids" was limited.

Find some peace in your travels!