Saturday, August 4, 2007

Photoessay #79 - Koi




This afternoon, I went to the the Anderson Japanese Garden with my sister, brother and niece. Really my favorite (and beautiful) place in Rockford. So beautiful and peaceful even when dealing with family stress and summer humidity. We purchased Koi food for 93 cents and fed the brilliantly colored fish in the ponds from several places. Swirling, determined, hungry fish of brilliant gold, and dramatic red, black and white splotches swam in spirals for a chance at the fish food. My brother was determined to get a shot of a fish at the surface with his mouth open. He succeeded with a few pictures. I went for the general swirl effect.

The first two pictures taken by Charlie, showing the beautiful gravel raking and a closeup of a koi from the indoor pond

1 comment:

Oreo said...

Splishing fish going after food! Laughing at the "jaws" ripples made by the bigger fish when they came simming over to get some of the good stuff!

Green's of all colors and intensity - in the humid rain of the mid-west summer. But breezy enough to stay comfortable in our shorts

I didn't know Koi could be blue!