Thursday, July 5, 2007

Photoessay #50 - Campfire



The flames seem to leap out of the screen from this picture. I think it's the brilliant color and the translucent image. I can almost feel the heat from this campfire. Seems appropriate right after July 4 with all of the fire and the fireworks. We had our revived neighborhood party, I hope to be able to post some pictures. Water balloon volleyball ALWAYS works.

We used to have a book about local places and the front showed a beach with a bonfire. Susanna (who was quite young) always said she "wanted to go THERE and do THAT!" Anybody who knows her recognizes that she always talks with exclamation points. My late father-in-law used to carry around firewood and newspaper in the hope that he would find a place where he could have a fire with Susanna. Most places have rules against fires so I don't know that they ever had their impromptu beach fire. My girls working at the camp have suggested that I go up there for one of beginning or end of session campfires. Maybe I will.

I know I already posted some pictures of the girl scout picnic but the picture below gives a great feel of available light and children at the beach at sunset.

1 comment:

Oreo said...

I can hear the snap crackle of the fire in those pictures.

If the girls have invited you to come up . . . do it! How often do teens actally invite you to something they are doing!!!